Download Mix (right click and 'Save as')
1. Malcolm McLaren and the Bootzilla Orchestra - Deep In Vogue (Banjie Realness Mix by Mark Moore and William Orbit) 2. Baby Ford - Children Of The Revolution (Album Version) 3. S'Express - Mantra For A State of Mind (Club Vocal) 4. Coldcut feat. Lisa Stansfield - People Hold On (Full Length Disco Mix) 5. Circuit - Shelter (Wicky Wacky Mix) 6. Grace Jones - Love On Top Of Love (Killer Kiss) (The Cole & Clivilles Garage House Mix) 7. Corporation Of One - The Real Life (Original Mix) 8. Lil Louis - French Kiss (The Original Underground Mix) 9. 808 State - Pacific State (Origin)10. S'Express - Hey Music Lover (Spatial Expansion Mix by William Orbit)11. Silver Bullet - Bring Forth The Guillotine (Old Skool Mix by Norman Cook)
12. Silver Bullet - 20 Seconds To Comply (The Final Conflict)
- Malcolm McLaren
famously managed The Sex Pistols in the 70s. Deep In Vogue was
dedicated to 'voguing' a year before Madonna brought it to the
- 'Children Of The Revolution' is a remake of the T-Rex song from 1972
- 'Shelter' is the original version of 'Shelter Me' by Circuit. The vocal was famously sampled on Bizarre Inc's 'Playing with Knives' and Prodigy's 'Your Love'. This version was engineered by Steve Osborne before he joined forces with Oakenfold.
- Freddy Bastone
is the man behind Corporation of One. The track samples Simple Mind's
'Theme For Great Cities' from 1981, and Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' from
1975. This is the original version. A virtually identical version was
released by Raven Maize aka Dave Lee aka Joey Negro in 2001
State are named after the Roland TR-808 drum machine. Gerald Simpson
aka A Guy Called Gerald was a former member of 808 State in 1988, prior
to the success of 'Pacific'
- Billie Ray Martin sang the female vocals on 'Hey Music Lover'
- '20 Seconds To Comply' famously uses a sample from the original Robocop movie